An average Facebook Engagement Rate is a simple measure to identify the relative engagement of a fan page to its fans. The Engagement changes on a regular basis and can increase or decrease depending on the relative activity of the page during the past week.
- You can calculate the Facebook Engagement Rate with two figures published on every fan page.
- Divide the number of talking about by the total number of likes x 100.
- Facebook’s latest update is starting to remove the TTAB figure from pages.
Identify Facebook Engagament Rates for any Page
- With BirdSong you can identify the engagement rate for any Facebook Page before diving into the full report. Use this feature to check out competitors before running full reports on their activity.
¬†What Influences the Facebook Engagement Rate?
- Each page will have a different engagement rate based on its size and relative activity during the past 7 days.
- The average engagement rate therefore fluctuates daily.
- Presence – How often a page is updated. The more updates, the greater potential for interactions.
- Time – When the page is updated. Is the page being updated when the audience are most active?
- Type of update type – photos are more engaging than status updates.
- Response/Engagement – engagement is a two way street.
- Call to Action – asking for an action solicits greater response, e.g. “like this”
How can you identify the factors influencing the page engagement rate
BirdSong¬†Facebook¬†Analytics¬†¬†can help identify key engagements for any fan page. Our analytics¬†used¬†globally¬†to deliver in depth analytics with prices starting from¬†¬£9.99/$16.50¬†per report.
With BirdSong Facebook¬†Analytics http://www.imediaconnection.com/content/37154.aspyou can
- Analyze any Facebook Fan Page in detail
- Identify key elements that impact Facebook Engagement Rate
- Benchmark average likes, comments and shares by post
- Spot¬†best performing content types
- Highlight best performing times of day and days of week for engagement
- Rank Facebook posts by popularity, number of likes, comments and shares