Learn how to analyze Instagram hashtags with the BirdSong Analytics master guide.
Analyze ANY hashtag on Instagram with Postchup’s Instagram Hashtag Analytics. Search for the hashtag, select the timeframe, and they’ll return the key hashtag stats.
Alternatively, use our Instagram Analytics to access key insights into hashtag performance on Instagram including engagement statistics, see which hashtags an account uses the most and how often they are liked and commented on.
Analyze Instagram Hashtags with Postchup
Their Instagram Hashtag Analytics will return over 10 key metrics presented in easy-to-read graphs, additionally, there is also the option to export the data.
You can analyze public posts with any hashtag to access the following data points:
- Historic hashtag data over time
- Total number of posts with the hashtag
- Total number of unique users who have posted the hashtag
- Average number of posts per user with the hashtag
- Average number of likes and comments per post
- The most popular posts by likes and comments
- Filter usage and popular filters applied to hashtag posts
- Most commonly associated hashtags
- Frequency of hashtagged posts across the week by hour of day
How to Analyze Instagram Hashtags
Analyzing hashtags on Instagram is easy with BirdSong. Alternatively, for Instagram data on specific hashtags visit Postchup.
As part of our Instagram Analytics, our social media tool is able to analyze hashtag performance for any public account. Our social media tools will provide the must-have metrics on one of social media’s most powerful social elements.
The # is fundamental to social media users, brands, businesses, as well as for hashtag campaigns and Instagram contests. When it comes to analyzing hashtags on Instagram, there are a number of variables to consider to determine performance. Furthermore, this includes:
- Hashtag purpose: Was the hashtag part of a marketing campaign or competition?
- Timeframe: Have these hashtag always been posted about? or did the # last for a specific date range?
- Hashtag type: Are the hashtags generic (e.g. #love) and universal? or has the hashtag been specifically created for your account or brand?
Therefore, analyzing an account’s hashtags is simple and straightforward.
Analyze Instagram Hashtags with BirdSong Analytics
With our Instagram Analytics, you can analyze Instagram hashtags to see their impact on social media for any publicly available account. Analyze your own account or your competitors, brands, and businesses to see how they are using hashtags, which ones they are using, and explore the performance of hashtags on Instagram.
Our hashtag analysis will reveal the following data points:
- Number of hashtags used in the account’s posts
- The number of times most frequently used tags have been posted
- Total number of likes and comments that hashtags receive
- Average number of likes and comments that hashtags receive
- A collection of most posted about hashtags on Instagram
- View posts for specific hashtags
Henceforth, run the analytics on your chosen account, open the report and click the ‘Hashtags’ tab to view the data. You can filter the date range to analyze Instagram hashtags for a specific period. For example, over the length of a campaign or contest, filter the data to access more representative and applicable results. Finally, click here for an Instagram Hashtag Analysis Demo Report.
BirdSong Instagram Analytics
Our Instagram Analytics offer much more than hashtag analysis. Analyze any public Instagram account to access to over 30 key metrics so you can optimize your own profile or explore accounts to see what is working for them and why. As a result, our social media analytics may help boost social media marketing efforts, analyze competitors, analyze contents and campaigns, as well as for advertising on the platform.
BirdSong Instagram Analytics provides the following data points:
- Account activity
- Like and comment data
- Number of followers, following, and number of posts
- Best time to post on Instagram – your posts could reach more users and make a greater number of impressions
- Identify Instagram Influencers – acquiring their services may help raise awareness of your brand and posts
- Export Instagram followers – discover more about your audience
- Download Instagram comments – perform qualitative analysis to discover account sentiment
- Export all posts
About BirdSong Analytics
Listed in Forbes as ‘one of the top 10 tools your agency won’t tell you about’, BirdSong Analytics is one of the world’s leading pay as you go social media analytics tool, trusted by top universities, top brands, global social media organizations, journalists, publishers, and researchers in 120 countries around the world.